Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Brunch with Theo & the Ladies.

Maureen, Deirdre with Theo, Caroline, Me!
Last Sunday, I got together with a few of my closest girlfriends for a looooong overdue brunch date to catch up, laugh and play together. As we get older, it gets harder and harder to find time to spend together - but that also makes the moments sweeter! There was a time when I used to spend almost every weekend with these girls - before husbands, babies and major careers. Speaking of which, the first of "our" babies (actually Maureen's ;), Theo joined in on our brunch. He's a complete joy, very handsome and his smile will knock your socks off!
Pouring the first round of Bloody Mary's
I finally got to test out my Bloody Mary Mix that I made and canned last September! It was super yummy and the girls loved it - Yay, sucess! However. I noted that it was not spicy enough, so next time I will add more red pepper and horseradish.
Homemade pickles to go with! Carrots, Cauliflower, and Asparagus.
Oh, I will have to dig around and see where I put the recipe... You'd probably like to make your own mix - Virgin Mary's are great too!

No comments: