Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Friends of Spring

I'm so, so, so happy Spring is finally here! Don't get me wrong, I love all the seasons (so much that I have a very hard time deciding which one I like the most), but Winter in Seattle can be brutal once we get into March. Seriously, when it's still snowing in April, I'm kinda over it. And when the temperature soars to 60 or above? Heaven!!!! Winter is the time fore hibernating and dream work. Spring is time to wake up and put action behind those dreams! What have you been dreaming of over the winter?

About a month ago, to my great joy, my White Flowering Currant started blooming! This is the first time I have seen it bloom in the 2 years that I've been nurturing it along. When I bought it at the Washington Park Arboretum fundraising sale, I had no idea if it was going to bloom pink or white. Another sale is coming up soon, I hope to get a pink one this year!

Hummingbird, friend of mine. I love to see you hover, and sip the nectar I put out for you. Thank you for allowing me to see you when you hold still, and when you buzz though the air!

No comments: